Parent Teacher League (PTL)
Education is a shared partnership between families and Willowstone Academy at the Table of Learning. All are invited to participate.
Our PTL – Supporting Our School!
Uniform Liaisons: Lora Moran + Liezl Cullinan
Active Transport Coordinator: Peter Truch
Hot Lunch Coordinator: Heidi Vant Geloof
The PTL is an opportunity for parents to be ‘in-the-know’ about school activities, initiatives and to bring forward ideas and suggestions.
The PTL creates a voice and a space for parents to be involved in the development of the Willowstone Academy community.
Meetings are the first Monday of each month from 9:00 – 10:00am (when a school holidays falls on the first Monday of the month, the PTL meeting will be on the second Monday). Everyone is invited and encouraged to attend! Please join us whenever you can! Your feedback helps us build a strong Willowstone Academy community!
Parents are always welcome to bring ideas and comments directly to any member of the PTL executive – talk to us at the PTL meeting, on the playground, or email us.
Events + Initiatives
Our PTL coordinators, hosts and supports many events and initiatives throughout the year. Here is what we did in 2016/17:
- Open House Coffee
- Technology + Athletic Equipment Upgrades
- New Family Orientation Refreshments
- Driven to Give Fundraiser
- Welcome Back BBQ Lunch
- First Day of Fall Lattes for Staff
- Terry Fox Run Hot Beverages
- Staff Birthday Cards/Gifts
- Worthy Student Financial Support
- Picture Day Prep + Support
- School Uniform Coordination
- Used Uniform Store
- Scholastic Book Fair
- Purdy’s Gourmet Christmas Chocolates
- Christmas Concert Snacks + Personalized Gift Baskets for Teachers
- Valentine’s Chocolate Lollies
- April Fools Muffins, Coffee + Jokes
- Read + Recycle Book Program
- Bike to School Week Watermelon Celebration
- Okanagan Rail Trail Donation
- Summer Family BBQ
- Bertram Creek Celebration Picnic
- Ignite Our Community Event Participation + Support
- Staff Appreciation Luncheon