Willowstone Academy is a uniform school and our families appreciate the benefits uniforms offer.
Benefits of Uniforms
- Creates a unified learning community
- Establishes a tone of importance for our learning
- Saves money for families
- Simplifies the morning routine
- Eliminates student issues surrounding clothing
Fittings, WA Uniform Sample Shop + Used Uniform Store
The Willowstone Academy PTL will have an on-site sample shop to aid in selecting pieces, styles and sizes. Please contact the Uniform Team for access and hours.
A Used Uniform Store operates throughout the school year to provide families with the option of selling or purchasing gently-used uniform pieces. Please refer to your monthly school calendar for hours of operation of contact the Uniform Team with questions.
Cambridge Uniforms will schedule “fitting visits” throughout the year for those students who would like to be properly fitted for uniform pieces.
Our standard uniform code includes both Cambridge Uniforms and Lands’ End.
All Wednesdays and any communicated special occasions, students will be required to wear their “Formal Legacy Uniform” – these items are mandatory for every student to have and must be purchased through Cambridge Uniforms.
Gym Uniform – Grades 4+
- Athletic shirt with Willowstone Academy Thunder logo on the front
- Black shorts
Kindergarten to Grade 5 Uniforms
Formal Legacy Uniform Pieces must be purchased from Cambridge Uniforms only (for Wednesdays and designated Formal Uniform days):
Optional Everyday Pieces – may be purchased from either Lands’ End or Cambridge Uniforms:
Middle Years (Grades 6 to 8) Uniforms
Willowstone Academy is excited to offer a tartan skirt and light blue golf shirt exclusively for our Middle Years students.
Middle Years Formal Legacy Uniform Pieces must be purchased from Cambridge Uniforms only (for Wednesdays and designated Formal Uniform days):
Middle Years Optional Everyday Pieces – may be purchased from either Lands’ End or Cambridge Uniforms:
- Occasionally, students may be allowed to wear casual, appropriate clothing of their choice to school. These dates are outlined in the school calendar, marked as a “non-uniform day”.
- Logos or messages that are inappropriate to the Christian witness of our school are not permitted.
Socks, Tights + Shoes
- Socks and/or tights are mandatory at all times. They must be black in colour. Girls may wear black knee high socks or black tights.
- Families are welcome to purchase black socks, knee, socks, and tights from anywhere and the Sample Shop will stock a limited supply for you to purchase as well.
- Students must have a set of outdoor footwear appropriate to the weather. Flip-flops, Crocs, backless shoes, and similar are not permitted.
- All-black, non-marking, loafer-style indoor shoes may also be purchased from anywhere.
- All Students must have a pair of non-marking athletic shoes to wear in the gym.
- Belts, if worn, must be basic black with no designs.
- Hair and jewellery accessories must be modest,align with the uniform colour palette and not distract from the rest of the uniform.
- Hats are not permitted inside the school building.
Students coming to school out of uniform or with inappropriate clothing or appearance will receive one warning, and on the second occurrence, will be required by the Chief Learning Officer to return home to change.