Infant/Toddler Childcare Program
Please click these links for more information about:
Registration Process for the Infant-Toddler Program
Willowstone Academy has the following registration protocols in regards to our Infant-Toddler program:
- Children under 10 months of age will not be admitted.
- Only 2 spaces are available for children between the ages of 10 to 18 months old.
- As a practice, we will fill spaces as they become available no more than 6 months in advance.
- Our program is in high demand and children are placed on a waitlist while waiting for a space to become available.
Please note: Our waitlist is fluid, and subject to numerous variables both on the part of families as their needs change and Willowstone as our ability to meet various needs changes. Therefore, the waitlist is not necessarily addressed in a first-come-first-served basis, but based on the criteria above and our ability to meet the needs of each child in our programs. As a result, at no point will families be informed of “where they are” on the waitlist.
When a space becomes available for a child, our Admissions Advisor will consult our waitlist and contact the parent/guardian of the next eligible child. After a Learn Forward™ Tour with the Admissions Advisor, the family will be invited to Willowstone Academy for a Site Visit with the Infant-Toddler Team Lead, where the family can meet our Infant-Toddler team, ask questions about the program, etc. This also allows our Infant-Toddler Team Lead to determine if we can meet the individual needs of the child. The site visit will determine if a family is invited to register in the Infant-Toddler program.
Gradual Entry Transition Period into Infant-Toddler
In order to allow the best transition experience for both the child and our caregivers, Willowstone Academy implements a 4-week gradual entry transition period for every child starting in our Infant-Toddler room.
For a full-time (5 days per week) child, this may look like:
- Week 1: 2 days (2-3 hours, each day) during busy time, not napping
- Week 2: 3 days (2-3 hours, each day) during busy time, not napping
- Week 3: 3 days (5-6 hours, each day) start napping on site
- Week 4: 4 days (5-6 hours each day) napping on site
- Week 5: full time
Parents/guardians will be required to pay the full monthly program fee during this gradual entry transition period. For children on a part-time attendance schedule (ie. 2 or 3 days per week), the gradual entry transition period is slightly amended.
Transition Period into Preschool
Children will automatically transition into our Preschool and after-school daycare programs between the ages of 30 to 36 months. Just as we gradually enter children into the Infant-Toddler program, children transitioning into our Preschool program will also experience a gradual entry transition period prior to full time enrolment in Preschool.
- This transition period will include support with potty-training, as all children entering into our Preschool program must be potty-trained.
- Parents/guardians can expect details on this gradual entry transition period from the Infant-Toddler Team Lead.
- Please note: a $100 preschool registration fee will be charged the month before the child transitions into Preschool.